At Deliveroo, we don’t just deliver your favourite meals. We are also committed to delivering for our partners, our riders, our consumers, and the communities that we are part of every day.
That is why we have announced our new sustainability priorities and will use our £50m Community Fund to help build a sustainable future. We want to make sure that we are using our unique network for good, and helping to tackle some of the big challenges that affect us all today.
We have identified six pillars where we think we can have a real impact:
- Reaching net zero and reducing waste, including plans to set out targets to reach net zero in 2022, piloting food waste schemes and supporting riders to transition to e-vehicles
- Helping partners to grow and be more sustainable, including a £2.5 million commitment to subsidise the procurement of almost 17 million pieces of sustainable packaging by offering smaller partners a 50% discount on the cost of sustainable packaging in UK, Ireland and other European markets
- Riding and thriving, including investing up to £2.5 million into rider training and skills development to provide new vocational training opportunities and support in building careers in a wide range of industries, including CV writing courses
- Enabling healthier eating, improving the selection of healthy foods available and nutritional information in-app
- Supporting communities to help vulnerable groups, using its unique network for good and working with partners to deliver food to those in need as part of a global roll out of the company’s Full Life campaign
- Building a diverse and inclusive company and marketplace, including with 50% female representation in the most senior business roles by the end of 2025
This is just the start of the journey. Over the coming months, we’ll be developing our plan, our commitments and how we’ll measure these areas.
So that we can make sure that we’re investing in what matters – and delivering for good.